More than 2,400 full-color photographs help clinicians visually diagnose the conditions and diseases most often encountered in clinical practice.
The 3rd edition of The Color Atlas and Synopsis of Family Medicine covers the full scope of family medicine, with more than 2,400 full-color photographs depicting classic and unusual appearances of common diseases most often seen in daily clinical practice. This unique atlas is organized by the way patients present, so it is perfect for the busy clinician.
The superb collection of clinical images is supported by concise, evidence-based treatment recommendations presented in convenient, easy-to-apply bulleted text. Each chapter begins with a story that ties the photographs to real-life patients. Coverage for each condition includes: Patient Story, Epidemiology, Etiology and Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Differential Diagnosis, and Management.
• Includes pediatric and adult conditions
• Insightful legends with each photograph provide diagnostic pearls to enhance your clinical observational skills
• Special sections on women's health, physical/sexual abuse, and substance abuse
Essential to family physicians and all healthcare providers involved in primary care, The Color Atlas and Synopsis of Family Medicine, will also prove valuable to medical students, residents, internists, pediatricians, and dermatologists.
This new edition has:
• New chapters on Mental Health, the Opioid Crisis, Dementia, Sports-related Head Injury, and LGBT health issues
• New chapter on Zika, Ebola, and Other Emerging Infections supplement the insights in the Global Health chapter.
• New Foundations of Dermatology section containing new chapters on dermoscopy, dermatology terminology, topical and intralesional steroids, and biopsy principles and techniques
• Management section is now divided into first- and second-line therapies
• New appendix on “Chronic Pain” to help manage this ubiquitous problem.
This app is very intuitive and easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for topics. The powerful search tool gives you word suggestions that appear in the text as you type, so it is lightning fast and helps with spelling those long medical terms. The search tool also keeps a recent history of past search terms so you can go back to a previous search result very easily. You have the ability to create notes and bookmarks separately for text, images and tables to enhance your learning. You can also change the text size for easier reading.
After the app has been downloaded, no internet connection is needed to retrieve the content of the app. All of the text and images are available to you on your device anytime, anywhere, and lightning fast. This app is also automatically optimized for whatever size device you are currently using, either phone or tablet.
Check out https://usatinemedia.com to learn more and watch a video demo of this app.
This interactive app contains the full content of The Color Atlas and Synopsis of Family Medicine, 3rd Edition by McGraw-Hill Education.
Richard P. Usatine, MD
Mindy A. Smith, MD, MS
E.J. Mayeaux, Jr., MD
Heidi S. Chumley, MD, MBA
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer